Welcome to the 2015 Illinois Mennonite Relief Sale!
Everyone is invited to participate in the Annual Illinois Mennonite Relief Sale held March 20–21, 2015 at the Interstate Center in Bloomington, Illinois.
This Year's Don't Miss Events
Friday, March 20
- 4:30 – 7:30 pm Fish / Chicken Barbecue dinners
- 4:30 – 7:30 Rib-Eye Steaks, Butterfly Pork Chops, Barbecues, & Pork Burgers
- 4:30 Dutch Market / Butcher Shoppe Open
- 4:30 Booths Open
- 6:30 Auction Begins
- 7:30 Auction of Quilts & Comforters
Saturday, March 21
- 6:00 – 11:00 am Pancakes / Sausage breakfast
- 7:00 Dutch Market / Butcher Shoppe Open
- 7:00 Booths Open
- 8:30 Grand Auction Begins
- 9:30 Auction of Quilts
- 10:15 Children’s Auction
- 11:00 Rib-Eye Steaks, Butterfly Pork Chops, Barbecues, & Pork Burgers
- 12 Noon Prayer
Again this year 20% of the Illinois Relief Sale net income will be used locally by grassroots volunteers to provide food for the needy in Central Illinois.
Also, as in the past, 80% of the net proceeds from the Sale are channeled through Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), an international relief and service agency located in Akron, Pennsylvania. Mennonite Central Committee, a worldwide ministry of Anabaptist churches, shares God’s love and compassion for all by responding to basic human needs and by working for peace and justice. MCC began in 1920 in Russian and Ukrainian villages needing assistance. Today MCC celebrates 95 years (2012-2015) of serving the needy in the name of Christ.
Presently, MCC has over 1,000 workers volunteering in 60 countries of the world. The 2015 MCC calendar theme is “Growing Together in Christ.” MCC is a hands-on, concrete ministry that addresses basic human needs such as water, food, and shelter; it works with churches and communities in a variety of efforts to serve the less fortunate and to build peace.